How Long is a Sulky Spool of Thread?
So, have you ever wondered how far a spool of thread goes? I thought I would entertain you with some fun facts about how many stitches it takes to get to the end of a Sulky spool of thread. For those of us who are over a certain age, doesn’t that remind you of Tootsie Roll Tootsie Pops??
• Average stitch length of an embroidery design is between 4-5mm. Many of you may not embroider (yet), so your normal sewing stitch length would be shorter, perhaps 2.5mm.
• 22 yards of Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread equals about 4,000 stitches.
• A 250 yard Snap spool can create 44,000 stitches. That’s a lot of stitches!
• An 850 yard King spool can create 156,000 stitches. Wow, that’s even more!!!
250 yard spools of Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread
Let's have fun with this and take these figures even further
• If you had all 388 Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread colors on a 250 yard Snap spool, you could create 17,072,000 stitches. Remember this is the 4-5mm stitch length.
• If you had all 388 Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread colors on a 850 yard King spool you would be able to create 60,528,000.
850 yard King spools of Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread.
So, are you curious to know how much embroidery that is?
The average embroidery design has 20,000 stitches...
• ...with 388 Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread on a 250 yard spools, you could create 854 designs or more than 2 a day, everyday for a year.
• ...with 388 Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread on a 850 yard spools, you could create 3,026 designs or more than 2 a day everyday for almost 4 years!
So now you know how many 4-5mm stitches it takes to get to the end of a Sulky spool of thread!
5,500 yard Jumbo spool of Sulky 40 wt. Rayon Thread.
Let's have some fun! Can you figure out how many 4-5mm stitches a 5,500 Jumbo spool of thread can create?
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate for Sulky, and the highlighted links within this post contain my special code to the Sulky webstore. When you use these links, you will be directed to Sulky's webstore. The cost of the products are the same whether or not you use my links, but using my links allows me to receive a small commission from the sale. This is a way of letting me know how much you like the information I am posting for you, and I truly appreciate your business and support.
Sew Long for Now!!!